Wednesday, January 3, 2018

The 10th Day of Christmas?? Wednesday

Tomorrow is a snow day so my daughter and grandson (Gideon) and I started watching The Hobbit before bed.  Every few minutes Gideon asks a question so my daughter pauses the movie to answer.  I wish I could remember his wording but he basically kept getting upset over the treatment that Bilbo was receiving from the dwarves.  Why were they just coming in and eating Bilbo's food and such.  When the plates started getting tossed I thought for sure that Gideon would give up on the movie and go play a game on the computer.  All I could think of were the exchanges between the grandfather and grandson in the movie The Princess Bride.   The grandfather having to stop reading as things got stressful to calm down the grandson.  Despite school being canceled, we didn't stay up to watch the whole movie and will finish later.

Most of my day is spent indoors.  I was able to see the sunrise and sunset today.  Both were beautiful in their own way.  The sunrise with an orange sky to the east and setting moon to the west.  The sunset with the high cirrus cloud formations.  There was a sun dog tonight that I wasn't able to capture as well.  All these are today's happy.

The Red-ish sky in the morning...

The moon setting behind the trees.

Sun setting before the storm.

An angle, can you see it?


No comments:

Post a Comment