Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Tuesday Means Rehearsal

The majority of the students in the grade where I work are away this week.  This means most of the tasks are fun or more student driven than on regular school days.  They are researching a country of their choice, watching a movie (and answering questions about it), doing math practice and games and exploring plant life for science.  So part of today included the kids carving pumpkins and separating out the seeds which we hope to bake later in the week.  Last year there were only five students, this year I think 13, some were absent today.  The classroom dynamic is so much nicer with less students.

I'm staying with a friend this week so we got out in this summer like weather today for a walk.  It is the beginning of October and the temps were around 80.  This is because I bought a sweater... or two.  😉  It was cold enough at school today that I did wear a sweater part of the day.

Rehearsal went well tonight.  We did more practices that help get the mind moving and the imagination turning.  These are things that I really think my brain needs to keep it healthy.  It is a different kind of challenge and I am still enjoying it, even though I kind of feel on the hot seat.  I'm still the new person on the block.  Some of the exercises we did were 'Don't get me started' and '3-headed professor.'  The laughter during practice is my happy for today.

Random Foliage.




No comments:

Post a Comment