Monday, October 15, 2018

Monday Morning Sunrise

As we get closer to winter and the days grow shorter, the mornings are dark when I leave for work.  This morning was a dark foggy morning.  The fog itself appeared to be a black color as it suspended itself above the roads.  As I drove up a hill while it was still mostly dark, the sky above was faintly under lit.  I don't know if this was from some artificial lighting for a parking lot or from a tiny bit of sun peaking through as it began to rise.  My commute starts with me going mostly south and then east so that I drive into the sunrise to get to work.  This can be a mixed blessing with a myriad of pinks, oranges, purples and blues one day and nearly blinding a person the next with the brightness.  Today was colorful as that reddish sky this morning brought rain for the day.  The pictures I tried to take, as the words I try to write, do not do the sky the justice it deserves.  This morning's sky is today's happy.










No comments:

Post a Comment