Friday, October 5, 2018

Hugs

Friday at school, before the long weekend and the students go on a four day field trip, was expected to be a day full of poorly behaved younguns.  It went surprisingly well though.  Not perfect, but that would be weird. 

There is an intersection that I don't care for on the ride to work.  It is a 4-way intersection that the east-west directions have the right of way and the north-south ones have a stop sign.  The way the GPS originally had me going was north so that I would stop at the sign and wait a while for the traffic to clear.  In order to avoid the pressure I tend to feel to get across this busy intersection, I get off the highway an exit early and instead come from the west and turn left at that intersection.  This choice means I only cross one lane of traffic there.  Leaving work today I get to that intersection and the east-west traffic was stopping.  It took me far too long to figure out that the intersection is now a 4-way stop!  I believe this will become a good thing once people are more used to it.  More signage indicating the change would have helped though.

My daughter, K, has gone off to an event this weekend.  After work she kept calling to talk with me but I was busy with teachers.  When we finally touched base with each other I learned that she had stopped in town to see me before going away, to give me a hug.  How sweet is that?  We met at Walmart for a hug and a few minutes conversation before she went on to the event.  This act of kindness from K is my happy for today.

Morning Skies.





No comments:

Post a Comment