Sunday, October 14, 2018

Celebration of Life

Today my paternal family gathered for a celebration of life for my Aunt Gert who passed away at the age of 105 last month.  She was one of ten children of which my father and his twin were the youngest.  There are only two of the ten still with us, my father's twin and an aunt-my godmother.  She had requested an Irish Celebration of Life.  I am not sure what that should have entailed, but we all got together and ate good food, shared stories and caught up on each others lives.  And outside, in the trunk of a cousin's car, was some Irish whiskey, for when folks wanted to go outside for a walk away from the crowd.  😜  Since I was driving, I did not partake today.  

During the festivities one of my cousins (there are quite a few) got myself and another cousin together to talk about a family reunion.  The three of us are going to come up with some ideas and places to gather sometime next fall, for a happy occasion instead of a sadder one.  Being part of a planning group for a reunion is my happy for today.



No comments:

Post a Comment