Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Commedia

It was commedia night.  On the way, I tried to get to the police station in the town I had the accident last week, but failed.  For commedia we have been doing open rehearsals and someone new came by tonight.  Next week is when a new scenario will be chosen to start practicing.  Until they know where the next performance is and I know what my other SCA responsibilities will be, I can't commit to a part but I plan to continue to go to rehearsals.  We practiced using strong emotions and switching between them tonight as well as how different characters move.  This week and last I have been cast as a gypsy-esque character.  The Disney character Esmeralda comes to mind and this song.  I'm considering doing some research on 16th century gypsies in Italy, maybe.  We'll see whether I get to perform or not and if this character will be a part of it.  Getting to yell & scream at rehearsal and laugh really loud at rehearsal as well as on the phone with my friend from Texas are my happy things for today. 

 Some bits of color.




No comments:

Post a Comment