Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Commedia

It was commedia night.  On the way, I tried to get to the police station in the town I had the accident last week, but failed.  For commedia we have been doing open rehearsals and someone new came by tonight.  Next week is when a new scenario will be chosen to start practicing.  Until they know where the next performance is and I know what my other SCA responsibilities will be, I can't commit to a part but I plan to continue to go to rehearsals.  We practiced using strong emotions and switching between them tonight as well as how different characters move.  This week and last I have been cast as a gypsy-esque character.  The Disney character Esmeralda comes to mind and this song.  I'm considering doing some research on 16th century gypsies in Italy, maybe.  We'll see whether I get to perform or not and if this character will be a part of it.  Getting to yell & scream at rehearsal and laugh really loud at rehearsal as well as on the phone with my friend from Texas are my happy things for today. 

 Some bits of color.



☮

No comments:

Post a Comment