Saturday, October 27, 2018

Dungeon Creation

Part of a Dungeon Master's job is creating a dungeon.  This weekend one of the things I am trying to do is to create the campaign for the school D&D group.  There are two other DM's so it is possible that whatever I come up with won't be used.  Either way, I need to have something to start.  Just like last year I started watching youtube videos to help figure this all out.  The video I found today (link) is a continuation of a series I watched previously, but for the DM rather than the player.  It presented some good ideas and I am planning to use some of those and combining with other things I have read or watched or made up in my mind.  Learning the characters and monsters is almost more important to me than the 'where' aspect.  If I know all the 'who' parts and the 'why' I can make up some of the other things.   I get the who, what, when, where, and why the players take care of the how.   Tomorrow I may go out and buy some of the things that could help me do this.  I inherited a bunch of dice over the summer, so that is all set.

Watching these videos and talking about the game with Gideon is my happy for today.  We are keeping each other company tonight while his parents are out. 

Snug as two bugs in a rug!


🎲🎲


No comments:

Post a Comment