Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Watery Coloring

For cooking club today after school we made a chicken and rice dish in an Instant Pot. An Instant Pot is like an electronic pressure cooker.  The food was good and came out really well.  It has been a while since I have used my regular stove top pressure cooker.  From what I can tell from an internet search there is no cooking time difference between a regular pressure cooker and the Instant Pot.  The difference is with the safety of the Instant Pot and that it would not need as much attention.  The Instant Pot can also be used as a slow cooker so there theoretically could be less appliances in the kitchen.  

After work I met a friend at the library for Coloring Night.  The person who seemed to organized it set us up with a water brush (similar to this) and these


to use like water colors.  This is what I color/painted with that product:


As soon as I started the background I knew it was a mistake.  It would have looked better with just the white background.  Before injuring my hand I had a coloring book I was using.  It is around here somewhere and I hope to find it.

When this was finished with the cats I started going through a large pile of other coloring options.  I decided to try the watercolor pencils this time.  I wasn't sure if I would like them or not so I started by using them as pencils and then sat back and looked at it before using the water brush.  I ended up really liking how the colors blended.  I didn't think to take a before picture, but here is the result:


I ran out of time and didn't get the wagon wheel or post colored at all.  They kind of work well with the black and white tones though.  Coloring with a friend is my happy for today.


No comments:

Post a Comment