Sunday, May 6, 2018

Rainy Sunday

At school tomorrow there was supposed to be a field day sort of activity for all the students and faculty with scavenger hunts and things planned outside, all day.  It is currently raining at my home and school will be starting in about 11 hours.  We have already received a message from the principal to be prepared for a plan B because of the wet fields.  Things will be interesting tomorrow. 

Today I breakfasted at writing group for about 40 minutes where I mostly talked Dungeons and Dragons with people.  I keep learning new things but I still feel behind the curve.

There was a family lunch to go to after breakfast was about an hour away.  I met some cousins I hadn't met before.  Kind of distant cousins and I wish I had written that information down.  Something like my grandmother's cousin's daughter and her daughter.  None of us really stayed too long, my aunt is 104 and tires easily when more than a few people visit at a time. 

After lunch I headed to a friend's house for weaving circle.  I left my loom in the car though because my hand that I did all the sanding with yesterday is still bothering me.  I am icing it as I type.  I did bring the apron I have been smocking and got a little bit of that done.  There were many interesting projects around the room.  There were people embroidering, weaving and I think someone was working on a Kumihimo cord. 

So many things to choose from today to be my happy.  Friends, family then more friends and then back home to family, phew.  All these are wonderful and do make me happy but for today I am adding the gift I received from friends-

Waterproof pen and paper for hiking.
These are what I would have put onto a list of 
things I want but don't really need for hiking.
Now to plan a hike to bring them too...

Family! 






No comments:

Post a Comment