Friday, May 11, 2018

Happy Friday

Once I was past the initial new job fear of becoming a para educator, I feel I was more enthusiastic? energetic?  I am not sure of the word I am searching for.  Let me just say that I looked forward to the day more then than I seem to be now.  It isn't that I don't like the job anymore, or that I am burnt out, more that I am worn down a bit.  I am completely understanding reasons for having so many breaks and a long time off in the summer.  It has been a very long time prior to this job that I have had one with traditional weekends and now that I have one, I look forward to the weekends.  The students heightened levels of anxiety and excitement leading up to the weekends is perhaps contagious.  Or their behavior deteriorates so much as the weekends get closer that the adults just really need the break.  When I home schooled my kids, I don't remember wanting the weekend like this.  Motherhood doesn't pause the same way that public education does though.

Although I am happy that today marks the beginning of the weekend, my happy for today is that I have actually made my step count 4 of the last 5 days this week.  It has been a while since I have done that.  My weekly step goal has been met thanks to a day with over 17,000 steps.  Hopefully I will be able to keep this activity level up.

The camera looking straight up this morning.






No comments:

Post a Comment