Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Endurance

In Science class the students are preparing to make terrariums.  There is a trail by the school that leads to a nature's classroom area with some benches and such to use.  We went there today and the students collected some items for the terrariums.  I went back and forth to the area 5 times and actually had my step count reached before leaving school today.  That doesn't tend to happen very often.  It is a scenic area by a pond, perfect for studying ecosystems.





During school my daughter sent me some text messages, which is rather unusual, and one contained information about a speaker at the library today.  The speaker, Jennifer Pharr Davis, recently released a book and this was a promotion of the book.  It was an engaging and entertaining presentation about her hikes and life experiences on the AT as well as other places all over the world.  I chose to head home after rather than wait in line to speak with her.  I really didn't have any questions and chose not to buy the book tonight.  I hope to find it, or one of her other books, at the library or through Audible at another time.  Watching the presentation is my happy for today.


It was a beautiful evening too.

No comments:

Post a Comment