Wednesday, May 16, 2018

If I sit here trying to think about what to write for too long I will fall asleep.  When I waken, I will be down on myself for drifting off.  My neck and back will be sore from slumping over and some random letter from the keyboard will be repeated in a long line or paragraph, or worse, I will have somehow deleted everything I wrote so far.  Some days (most days) there is very little that I can write about that happens at school for very good privacy reasons. 

That said, I have already mentioned that we are making eco-columns in science.  Today most of the students added the fish to the bottom section of the eco-column.  I found a link to a similar, but not the same, type of lab.  The students were so excited today when they got their fish.  All the questions:

  • Are they girls or boys?  
  • Do they have genders?  
  • Can/will they have babies?  
  • What will they eat?  
  • What will I name them?
Then the other things:
  • Oh look, it ate a snail.
  • It jumped out of the cup!
  • Do I have to keep a lab journal?
  • I don't know what I will name the other one, but one of them is getting named sushi.
These are the things that make science interesting.  Curiosity is my happy for today.

🍃 ☮ 🐟

No comments:

Post a Comment