Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Rain

There has been a collection of seltzer bottles in science class, slowly getting larger since the beginning of the school year, so that the students can build ecosystems in them.  This morning the teacher brought in a bunch of bottles with varying flavors so that we would have enough for the project by tomorrow morning.  She handed out little paper cups for any students who wanted to try the seltzer so we could have the empty bottles.  The students were quietly taking a test and I happened to look up at a boy just as he tried it.  The look of dislike on his face was amazing.  He didn't notice me see him, thankfully, because although I made no sound, I couldn't hide the laughter on my face.  I almost had to leave the room because I didn't want to distract the students.  I don't like seltzer either, so I get his look.

Some days at work a coworker and I walk around the building twice at lunch.  Today the skies turned grey just before we went out and we almost didn't.  There is a smell in the air when it is warm and the rain is about to fall.  It is fresh, even though the air is thick.  The leaves turn in the wind to collect the water that will soon fall.  Tiny droplets started to fall and I did the adult, responsible thing and went inside after only going around once, rather than getting soaking wet.  My happy for today is how that little bit of fresh air and a few raindrops managed to release some tension and relax me a little today. 

🌦 ☮ ðŸŒ©

No comments:

Post a Comment