Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Small Steps

The early bedtime plans I had were not to be.  I fell asleep when I got home from the after work D&D planning meeting.  My daughter is struggling with the Whole 30 food plan we are all working on as a family.  She says she will give it one week and if her mood swings don't stabilize she will reenter small amounts of grain back into her diet.  I'm really hoping she is able to stick to this.  Mostly I am hoping the mood swings go away.  This is only the second day of the temporary eating plan and I am not really noticing any changes.  I was extremely tired this afternoon but I was also up late last night.  We had a late dinner and I went out for a walk after until I got my steps in for the day.  Now is the wind down time before sleep.  The warmer weather has made my bedroom almost too warm to sleep comfortably.

There are a few happy things for me today, and they are all because I went for a walk tonight.  The first is just that, that I got off my bottom and went out to get my steps, I even did a tiny bit of jogging.  The second is the smell of some flower, maybe roses (it seems early for roses though), that I passed while on my walk.  Whatever the flower, it was lovely to walk through the cloud of its fragrance.  The last thing is the moon that was rising over the neighborhood.  Yesterday it was full.  The picture is a bit grainy.  There were a couple of places that may have presented a more scenic view of the moon tonight, but they were over houses and it seemed rather inappropriate to be taking pictures over/towards peoples homes late at night.  😮



No comments:

Post a Comment