Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Western Day

Western Day for spirit week was not noteworthy costume-wise for my part; jeans, a red top with a jean sort of western style shirt, a bandanna and hat.  The bandanna around my neck is really the only out-of-place part of that outfit for me.  Well, except I wouldn't normally wear those things to school.  There were a fair amount of hats worn today that looked close to new.  My thought is not that they just bought them, but that they are seldom worn.  

After spending the last 2 hours looking for a shirt to wear for Pirate Day tomorrow I finally found one.  I even went to the storage unit and looked in the few boxes closest to the door.  The one thing I can't seem to locate is a hat.  We should have at least 2 felt hats that I could easily add a feather to that I haven't found.  I did some research on female pirates but don't seem to have any garb close enough to be very historically accurate.  Here is a link to one of the pirates, Jeanne de Clisson, whose story I enjoyed.  

It was my last travel writing class tonight.  The class has taught me a few things but I think the one that is sticking to me first is that taking the time to edit is important.  And not just reading over for obvious mistakes like I try to when blogging, but looking for ways to word things differently, so the words flow better.  I do that when I blog, but only in the briefest of ways.  My happy for today is that I have finished the class and that I am happy I took it.   I look forward to having Wednesday's back.

Just a pretty sky and pond I drove by today.





No comments:

Post a Comment