Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Lede

As my eyes start drooping I sit down to write.  Nothing good can truly flow from my mind to my fingertips when the eyes start to sting from being tired.  Well maybe a little. 

Someone from Google, yes that Google, was at the school today beta testing an augmented reality program with our teachers and students.  How cool is that?  The students were able to see flowers, bees and butterflies on the heads of fellow students.  I was late to the party and missed the intro and had to look over their shoulders.  After, there were many ideas floating around about features Google should add. 

Tonight was my travel writing class.  We learned about writing a good lede, so that is my homework.  I started coming up with a few ideas and hope to refine them over the next few days.  I never got the homework for this week done.  I had no good ideas for a negative travel story.  Now that the pressure is off one or two ideas have popped into my head. 

All this can now lead to my happy for today which is the looks in the students eyes while they enjoyed the augmented reality.  We've been dissecting flowers too and that has been fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment