Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Cooking Club

Gideon and Z went bowling tonight with the Cub Scouts.  I was hoping to go along as well but I was so very tired when I got home I decided to stay home.  I had planned to do my homework but K introduced me to a new show on Netflix and now I am thinking sleep and waking up early instead.  Z and Gideon seemed to have a good time bowling and we are hoping to go as a family sometime soon.  Gideon was surprised to hear about relatives I have that have played on candle-pin bowling leagues.

Fresh from the oven, light brown, drizzled in butter and just a pinch of course salt was my after school snack today.  The cooking club is a new after school activity that I am helping out with and today we made pretzels.  6 out of 9 students that signed up were able to stay after today.   At first I thought we had messed up because the dough seemed really dry but the pretzels were soft, doughy and delicious.  This was the first time this club met up so we made food plans for the next 5 Tuesdays.  What they have planned so far is cookies, a full dinner meal and a full breakfast.  We have an hour and a half to get everything done.  Yummy pretzels and the cooking club are my happy things for today.

No pretzels pictures but the plants for science are doing great!




No comments:

Post a Comment