Monday, April 2, 2018

Happy April 2nd!

Despite my being such an introvert I have decided that I really need people around me.  Or at least something to do that I can't easily get out of.  With my para job and regular hours I had been hoping to be more productive on my off hours.  Instead I feel that I am just as tired as when I was working 60 hours a week.  Working with kids has an interesting effect on me.  I seem to, at least most of the time, be energized to some extent to be able to help them learn.  At the same time I am really drained by the end of the day.  When I have something else going on after work, I am able to find the energy, when I don't I am just simply dragging.  Now that I have learned this thing about myself I need to figure out how to make it work for me instead of against me.  😊 

This afternoon a friend called to let me know that she was down to one job again instead of two.  She is torn with being relieved, as it was a heavy schedule with a husband and 3 kids, and knowing that it is one less paycheck.   For now, I will reap some of the benefit of her extra time and be able to have someone to walk with one day a week.  We had a nice conversation and made plans for Thursday and that part is my happy for today.

On Saturday I had a long walk of over 5 miles and I meant to find this Robert Frost poem to post.  Better late than never?

No comments:

Post a Comment