Monday, July 30, 2018

Pennsic day IV

Well, I took care of my obligations today by volunteering to help setup the performing arts tent and some things at East Kingdom royal encampment.  The first part was physically demanding,  the second emotionally demanding.   Grief is such a fickle thing, one moment in denial, the next in pain or anger or compassion for those that had a closer relationship and are experiencing these stages even more acutely.   So the day ended with tears and a drink.

The evening ended after much conversation about life and the SCA and I think it was good.  Perhaps because the tears were earlier or maybe the alcohol, the conversation went in better directions then it could have.  It ended with a campmate showing me the moon, while it was raining.  That is my happy for today.   The moon shining while the rain sprinkled on my head.  If the sun was out, it would be a sun shower.  With the moon out, does that make it a moon shower?


K, on her way to bed with her lighting.

Moon shower. 



No comments:

Post a Comment