Saturday, July 28, 2018

Pennsic day 1-land grab

With last night's exhaustion I managed to fall asleep, phone in hand, without writing.  We got through all the initial Pennsic land processing without a problem.  The other people on our block seem nice.  One was especially helpful in guiding me through the steps. 

K and I eventually got her pavilion up and took a short nap in its shade.  One of the other campers brought me to get the water softener tanks when he got his.  He is an exchequer (treasurer) in my region.  This gave us something to talk about.  K and I went to town to get a few things and food. 

During the day a few friends stopped by to offer assistance later, but the entire encampment is pretty sparse right now.  This will be the first year in quite some time that I will get to watch the city grow.  One thing that struck me as I was going through sections on my way to our area was the amount of people all doing the same thing, measuring their plot of land.  We all get our land allotment based on the number of people we camp with, so there is much measuring.

My happy for today is the moon.  It was full and shined down to help guide camp setup when other people arrived at the end of the day.  With a new phone I have finally figured out how to add pictures,  and I believe data plan to allow for them.  So some random shots ending with the moon.















No comments:

Post a Comment