Saturday, July 28, 2018

Day 2 Pennsic, Saturday

Many things got partially done.  The tent I am using is up, but I forgot to put the pear finials up and I haven't finished arranging everything.  The shower is up but no hot water until the morning because we had to get propane tonight.  Some of the furniture is put together, but not all.  The solar seems to work to charge things but the battery either isn't or I am doing something wrong.  I stubbed my toe on a tent stake while only in my socks but didn't look at my foot until 10 hours later to see that there is a small cut.  We rested during the heat of the day,  but didn't nap.

These are all good things and is, in my opinion, a huge amount of stuff for 4 people who have used all these things before but not necessarily set any of them up before.  We did have one other helper come by and help late in the day.  The kitchen is still not set up so out to dinner we went.  While waiting for our food I sat down and a hat of some kind was placed on my head which I promptly forgot about until my daughter started taking a picture.  Had I been drinking something I would have snorted it when I saw what was on my head.   There is a picture of me with the person who slipped it onto me below.  It is my happy for today.

This is a difficult time, but I am confident that K & I will be able to find a way to power through.  Tonight that will include sleeping with the sound of drums in the distance. 




No comments:

Post a Comment