Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Texas Day 8-Bats

Today was our last full day in Texas.  Most of the day was just relaxing and hanging around but in the evening we went to see the bats fly in Austin, TX.  My friend from Texas (I'll call her Jak) kindly brought Gideon and I to the park where K, C and E met us and we waited and watched until they flew out from under the bridge.  There are so many bats that live under that bridge!  I think the website said it is estimated at around 1.5 million bats.  Depending on the types of bats, they can travel pretty far to find food once they leave the roosts.  Watching the bats is my happy for today.   Saying goodbye to friends and family was sad, but I think we had a pretty good visit, despite C's broken toe.


First photo courtesy of Jak.






Bats. 




Another late night sky shot. 

 🦇        🦇

No comments:

Post a Comment