Thursday, August 16, 2018

Huh

Yesterday's post seems to have gone away.  This confuses my tired mind.  I remember writing and posting it, and it appears that it has been read, but it doesn't seem that I am able to pull it up. 

My day started with me getting confirmation that the friend I thought I posted about as not doing well in yesterday's blog, passing away this morning.  So the number 3 has been reached in the last month and a half, for those who are superstitious about things like that, it's enough.  My aunt once had a month that she went to 14 funerals.  Not a multiple of 3.  I don't understand superstitions,  and that is okay with me. 

On to happier things.   I got in touch with my best friend from my days living in Texas and spent most of the day with her.   It was a bit cathartic.  We started by going shopping for a bathing suit,  because I haven't seen mine in a long time.   She made me lunch and we talked about life, love and things metaphysical.  Again I haven't taken enough pictures,  maybe tomorrow.

C & E came by tonight so I got to see them again,  this was good.  K cut E's hair and it looks really great.  I was worried, not the K couldn't cut hair well, but that I was used to E's hair being long,  but she rocks the new shorter hair and undercut.   These last two paragraphs pretty much cover my happy things for today.  Gideon had been really great too.  He has a hard time when Nikolai, the cockatoo, gets real loud.   I think he will learn not to run by the bird cage often before we leave next week,  maybe. 




No comments:

Post a Comment