Tuesday, August 28, 2018

First Day Back to Work

There are things I learned on the first day back to work after summer break:

  • Like me, other people took the summer off
  • Like me, they were also not as prepared for the day as those who did work over the summer
  • There are some big changes this year with how the teachers grade the students
  • New people, new things to learn
We did some vision writing exercises today; three of them- one personal/health, one professional and one family/relationship.  These strengthened my belief that a person's personal and health goals play a large part in how well they will perform professionally or family/relationship.  All of these things, to me, are tied together with one's health.  I didn't sleep well last night, ties into my health which then effects my job performance as well as how cranky I might be for the family.

After power napping in a parking lot I made it to rehearsal.  Of the 7 people we need to do this show three of them are new to this particular play and one of them is changing rolls.  The end result will be a similar bit different show.    

Today's happy is seeing the people at work that I missed over the summer.       


Sun rising over the dashboard.




No comments:

Post a Comment