Thursday, August 30, 2018

Ice Cream

The school I work for has its first day next week, but today was Gideon's.  His first day in First Grade.  He told me that he had a good day.  Met some new students and saw returning ones from his kindergarten class last year.

My work day was uneventful, but there isn't much I can write about any how because, school.  The students don't arrive until next week, this week is just professional development.  After work I visited with a coworker for a while before coming home for dinner and to watch an episode of Babylon 5.  This science fiction series from the 1990's is bringing up some memories from the first time I watched the series.  My apologies to the first season, but I am looking forward to season two.  

By people in other parts of the country I have been told that New England is where to go to get good ice cream.  Having recently been to Texas, they sell Ben & Jerry's, although not as large a variety.  They are also home to Blue Bell ice cream which is good stuff.  Any how, ice cream is definitely a dietary weakness for me.  Tonight Z bought something new for me as a surprise.  I don't eat chocolate and he found a caramel ice cream sandwich which uses a vanilla cake with a caramel swirl inside.  It was really good, thoughtful of him and my happy for today.  

This little frog was trying to hide on the stairs at home.
Pretty sure it is a gray tree frog.

🐸

No comments:

Post a Comment